Monday, June 27, 2011

Poolside service

Today I'm pretending to live in the lap of luxury. While my husband is attending a conference at the J.W. Marriott here in Orlando, I get to hang out by the pool. Oh darn, right? This place is incredible. The pool area is huge and the areas are all connected by a lazy river. The river has waterfalls and fountains, and the vegetation is beautiful. You don't even have to leave your seat to eat or drink. The servers come to you! As I lie in the shade with a breeze blowing, I think, is there any place I'd rather be right now? Nope! Admittedly, I'd rather be here with Aaron, and I thoroughly enjoy the times when he is able to join me out here. My only concern in this venture was eating. I figured a fancy hotel like this had to have something gluten free, but I didn't know if I could eat outside, or if I'd have to find a super pricey place inside. Luckily, this is a very conscientious hotel. Immediately, we found a little place that all sorts of gluten free snacks and breakfast bars available for purchase. I really wanted some real food, though, so I decided to investigate the outdoor restaurant, Quench. Definitely more a bar than an eatery, the drink list is probably three times larger than the food menu. The cocktails look amazing. I ordered a melon mojito. It was quite enjoyable. The server helping me was very nice, and as soon as I mentioned gluten, he was ready with available options and assurances that the kitchen staff was well equipped to handle allergies. He even offered to cook fries separately for me, since they fry everything together. I haven't taken up that offer yet, but I plan to do so before I leave. For my lunch, I chose to order a blackened fish salad, except that I had it grilled plain, because blackened seasoning and I do not get along very well. What intrigued me most about the salad was the unique toppings. It comes with fish, feta cheese, pickled onion, watermelon, and citrus vinaigrette. It was good. Very good. I ate it in my chair, and since it was a time when Aaron was free, I got to enjoy his company. Like I said, before I leave, I plan to get some fries and one more cocktail, which is a peach flavored rum concoction. Good day! Nice pre-vacation vacation.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment