Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gluten Free Stir Fry

I love Asian cuisine. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese...I love it! So, I'm always a bit bummed about the whole most soy sauces having gluten in them thing. I can eat food at Pei Wei and PF Chang, but that gets expensive, and frankly, it's boring to eat out all the time. I love cooking at home, and I'm excited that I've found an easy way to make delicious stir fry! I use a brand of Stir Fry sauce mix called Sun Bird that is made with gluten free ingredients. The company does mention that it is made in factory that processes wheat, but I have never had trouble with it, and I'm pretty sensitive. They have many different types of sauce mixes available like beef and broccoli, sweet and sour, stir fry sauce, and Szechuan sauce. Tonight I made the stir fry sauce. All I did was add sugar, water, and soy sauce (San-J gluten free, although La Choy is gluten free as well) to the sauce mix and poured it on the vegetables I chose to use. The packet gives suggestions for fresh vegetables to use, but I was feeling kind of lazy and used a frozen vegetable mix that had broccoli, bell pepper, onion, mushroom, baby corn, and snow peas. It was great! I put it over some rice, and had a quick, easy, and delicious dinner! Tomorrow, I'll have the left-overs for lunch. Yum! Now, all I have to do is figure out gluten free egg rolls. God, I miss those! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment