Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fish disasters

I eat fish pretty frequently, so when I saw gluten free fish in the frozen section, I had to try it. The product is called Fish Creations and it's by a company called Morey. I chose the Mediterranean flavored tilapia. I had to soak it in cold water for thirty minutes to thaw it, and then I had the choice to grill it, bake it, or microwave it. The first time I made this fish, I decided to grill it. I thawed it and grilled the fish for the instructed amount of time, and it came out hard and rubbery. I tried to eat it, but I couldn't. I figured that I might have been to blame, so to give the product a fair chance, I decided to try the fish a different way. I thawed my fish, but this time I baked the fish. Since following the directions yielded sorely overcooked fish, I decided to cook it a shorter amount of time and then check it. It was cooked with the shorter time, so I plated the fish. While the fish was a better consistency, it was still very rubbery. I am done trying with this fish. Fish Creations is a no go. Looks like the only fish I'll be eating is fresh. There's no easy way out.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment