Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I can eat at Olive Garden?

Olive Garden used to be one of my favorite restaurants. I LOVE pasta. And their arrabiatta sauce is to die for. So, of course, I was pretty upset when I could no longer have my endless salad and breadsticks with linguini arrabiatta. Sigh. I think I had gone almost a year and a half without setting foot in an Olive Garden because of my diet. Then, I heard they had a gluten free menu. I wasn't too excited, though, because I've gone to other Italian restaurants that have one just to discover that it had no pasta on the menu. I mean, seriously ? That's why one goes to an Italian restaurant in the first place. So, a while went by, and I didn't care enough to check it out. However, I'm a curious person by nature, and I have this little blog here, so after a few weeks, I had to investigate. I was shocked and pleased to find both the salad (without croutons, obviously) and pasta on the small menu. Thanks to a friend who will always support an Olive Garden trip, I ate there on Friday. I ordered the salad and penne marinara (the only sauce that's gluten free). The salad was lovely, and because I had no croutons, I got an entire bowl for myself. To be fair, it was smaller than everyone else's, but it was mine! The penne was OK, but it completely fell apart, and some of it was crunchy. The sauce was good, though. It's nothing I'd crave, but it is good to know that if my friends want to eat there, I can eat there, too and not be a problem because of my dietary needs.

Knowledge - 4.5 stars
Accommodation - 3 stars
Taste - 2.5 stars
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment