Friday, June 24, 2011

Mochi Madness

Oh, Mochi, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
1)You have the best taro yogurt I have ever eaten in my life (and I'm a bit of a taro yogurt nut).
2)You have delicious mochi ice cream balls (which, unfortunately, I do not think are gluten free...sigh... I did so love the red bean flavor.).
3)Your downtown location is convenient and pleasant. It is also by my favorite movie theater.
4)Your staff is friendly and helpful.
5)You always have the best movies playing in your store. (Tonight was Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory AND Charlotte's Web.)
6)You now serve boba tea.

What? Boba tea! Amazing! Taro yogurt AND the best beverage ever? Yes! Mochi Downtown has boba tea. Actually, they have boba tea and boba smoothies in many delicious flavors for our drinking pleasure.

One should note, however, that the Mochi yogurt is made with Danactive yogurt, and Dannon's gluten NONstatement states that while none of their yogurt is formulated with gluten containing products, they cannot guarantee that their stabilizing agents (referring to alcohol stabalizers, which may or may not be derived from corn instead of wheat, rye, barley, or oat) do not contain trace amounts of gluten. I will say that I have never had an issue with just their yogurt. I have, however, had issues when I've eaten their toppings. I suspect that they cut their fruit on the same cutting board as their pound cake, cookie dough, etc. I have no concrete proof of this, but I do know that I've only had a reaction when I've added toppings to the yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment