Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Fried Green Tomatoes!

With all of the wonderful food in Savannah, I've been on a Southern cooking kick back here in Orlando. I've been trying to remaster my favorite recipes in a GF way. Last night's adventure was fried green tomatoes. I used King Arthur GF all-purpose flour, which I seasoned with Vegetable Magic, salt, and red pepper. I dipped the tomato slices in an egg wash, then coated them with the flour. I then fried the slices at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until the were golden brown. I tried some with a double coating of egg wash and flour, some with one coating. I preferred the single coating best. Since I was out of peppered vinegar (what is wrong with me!), I used Tobasco green pepper sauce instead. It was Heavenly! Hoping to master the fried pickle next!

No comments:

Post a Comment