Saturday, April 30, 2011

Glutino Penne Alfredo



Tonight I review the Penne Alfredo microwave meal from Glutino. Yes, I promise I cook, but I was tired and wanted something easy, so I decided to try something new! I've been looking at this meal for a while. I am, however, always a bit nervous when trying new food (or at least worried about losing money on food I can't eat). So, it took me a while to get up the nerve to try the penne alfredo. I brought it home, and cooked it right away. I decided that I needed some vegetable in my dinner, so I also steamed some broccoli to put in the pasta. I was very excited to see that the pasta looked decent. When I stirred it, I found it to have a nice texture, but the pasta fell apart very easily. I added my broccoli and some red pepper, because I put it on everything, and sat down for dinner. The first thing I noticed was that the sauce had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. It was like eating creamy, plain noodles. I added salt, and it helped, but it only raised the meal to a mediocre level. To be fair, though, the noodles were a good texture, and the meal was quite filling. Also, I enjoyed my broccoli very much. However, I think next time I have a hankering for alfredo, I'll make it myself. Classico is gluten free and quite nice!

Appearance - 3.5 stars
Texture - 3.5 stars
Taste - 2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment