Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dexter's

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. Had to catch up on stuff (like sleep) after my studio recital! After the recital, I was quite hungry, and I wanted to go to a favorite spot of ours, Dexter's. There are three locations, but the one that is closest to me is the one in Thornton Park, right next to downtown Orlando. The atmosphere is an upscale, trendy, relaxed sports bar. I love the space, the location, and the food! One of the best things on the menu is their sweet potato chips, but they are off-limits to Celiacs, so I cannot eat those anymore. :( My husband still gets these all the time, though. I had eaten here only once before since my diagnosis, and had ordered a delicious salad. I had forgotten that I could eat safely at Dexter's, and after a conversation with a friend, I remembered this salad. Since then I'd been craving it, so we had to go! The salad comes with grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, artichokes, mixed greens, tomatoes, feta cheese, and a lemon dill dijon dressing. The potatoes normally have rosemary on them, but since I'm allergic to that, too, they cook the potatoes without the herb for me. The blend of flavors is really delicious, and the contrast of the cold lettuce with the warm potatoes and asparagus is lovely. I couldn't remember whether the salad was completely gluten free or if they needed to make adjustments. I mentioned this to the waitress, and she told me that she would ask the kitchen. Everything ended up being gluten free, and I got the salad with no other substitutions than the potatoes. Just like my previous trip to Dexter's, the staff was quite knowledgeable about gluten, and they took very good care of me. The waitress was kind and attentive, and the food was amazing as always. I can't believe I forgot about Dexter's. To complete our experience, Aaron and I met some players from Orlando City Soccer. Go Lions! I will definitely dine there more often!

Knowledge - 5 stars
Accommodation - 5 stars
Taste - 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment