Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spicy Parmesan Tilapia

Ok, readers. You are in for a treat. Tonight I share one of my signature recipes, Spicy Parmesan Tilapia. It's a very simple recipe, and it is amazing! All you need are fresh tilapia filets, Italian dressing (I prefer to use Ken's Lite Northern Italian), garlic powder, salt, ground red pepper, and Parmesan cheese. I broil the fish, and since I have an electric stove (boo!), I heat the oven to its highest heat (525, I think), and I move one of the oven racks to the highest shelf setting, closest to the heating coils. When the oven is heated, I turn on the broiler. Meanwhile, I marinate the tilapia in the Italian dressing. I also prepare a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up and cross-contamination avoidance). When the oven is ready, I place the fish on the baking sheet, and sprinkle the garlic powder, red pepper, and salt on the fish. I don't measure, I tend to go by sight. I broil the fish for roughly 10 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the fish, it may be done sooner. I check the fish constantly, looking for the edges to get a brown, crispy texture. This description always worries Aaron. he feels like the fish will be over done. It isn't, but it is a delicate balance. Only the very edge needs to be browned. This is how I know it is done. Once the fish has obtained the desired appearance, I take it out of the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve! I have served it with a variety of sides, my favorites being Spanish-style rice or mashed potatoes and broccoli. I'm sorry that there aren't pictures, but I just can't leave the fish sitting uneaten long enough to take the picture! Even if you're not gluten free, this recipe is definitely worth a try. Good luck! Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment