Sunday, September 4, 2011

Udi Wows Again - This Time with Hamburgers!

Tonight I had a lovely dinner - a "hamburger" with all the fixin's (well, a lot of them, anyway) and a side of sweet potato fries! I started with some Udi hamburger buns. Tonight was the first time I tried them, and I was very excited. Previously, I had to use Kinnikinnick buns, which had a hard, oily texture and a strange aftertaste and were not pre-cut, so I was very excited when my Publix started carrying the new Udi brand buns. Udi's buns are pre-cut (yay!), and are soft, with a texture very much like regular hamburger buns. I am hooked! Never again will I settle on a lack-luster hamburger. I topped my Udi hamburger buns with an Amy's Gluten Free Bistro Burger, a slice of Kraft 2% American cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce, and French's honey dijon mustard. It was tasty! For I side, I had some Ore Ida sweet potato fries. I am so grateful for the ever-growing line of delicious Udi products. In addition, I am awed by how many mainstream brands are available for those of us with Celiac disease. I am also grateful for the massive selection available at my local grocery store. Thank you, Publix for making this dinner a possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment